FOM attaches considerable importance to the safety, health and well-being of its staff. The employer and employee are both responsible for health, safety and well-being at the workplace.
With its health & safety policy FOM seeks to realise the following goals:
- optimising the safety and protecting the health of all staff, guests, trainees and visitors;
- handling installations, equipment, machines and goods as healthily and as safely as possible;
- preventing psychosocial work stress as a consequence of excessive work pressure, bullying, sexual harassment, aggression and violence.
FOM describes its health & safety policy in the FOM Health & Safety Policy Memorandum. You can request a copy of this memorandum (available in Dutch only) from your supervisor, the personnel officer or your local health & safety coordinator. You can also obtain your own copy of this memorandum from Joost Weber, central personnel department.
When you start in a new position at FOM, your supervisor will provide you with information about safe and healthy working in your place of work. If that does not happen then ask about it. You can also approach the local health & safety coordinator (see below) and for more general questions you can contact Joost Weber, the central health & safety officer a.i.
FOM has also put together safety information for different types of jobs. Information about this can be found in the drop down menu on the left.
When you enter into employment at FOM, you will receive a copy of the Safety regulations and tips booklet.
For questions about working conditions, health and safety you can contact your manager/supervisor.
When you are working at one of the Institutes or at the FOM Office, then you can contact:
- Institute AMOLF: Ilja Stavenuiter, (intranet): intranet.amolf.nl/nederlands
- Institute Nikhef: Marcel Vervoort, Nikhef (NL) or Nikhef (English)
- Institute DIFFER: Ton Arends, (intranet): intranet.differ.nl
- FOM Office: Ulrich van den Ham
- ARCNL: Sander van Leeuwen
When you are working in an Administrative Unit for Research Groups at Universities, then you can contact the health & safety coordinator at your faculty.
For general and all other questions you can contact Joost Weber, manager central personnel department a.i.